zaterdag 20 maart 2010

Day 15 Ueno Park & Ameyoko Arcade

Day 15

I first got to senso-ji (ofcourse) i saw Mikey there. and Salem to!




there where a lot of people with camera's filming two japanese celebritys but i dident even know them anyway.



breakfast :)



I decided i wanted to see some museums in Ueno park, but i forgot an essential thing... that museums are closed on monday :P genious.
I dicided i would go and see the park itself instead. I heard a lot of good thing about ueno park, but seriously i think it is a sh*thole. its not like dutch parks are much cleaner, but for japan this place is a dump.
some examples (sorry tokyo i love you even though)

the only people there are bums, old people that feed birds in their free time, agressive birds and and tourists like me that believe their travel guidebook.

i watched the birsfeeding for some time, those birds are dangerous! there are feathers everywhere becouse crows and seaguls fight eachother for food.
then there was dirt, dirt and dirt, there was oil in the water, plasticbags in the trees.... i took pictures to show but i kinda dont want that stuff on my blog.
so i will just show an adorable old man feeding pidgeons



dangerous seaguls



there are more strange things around ueno park,
there is a themepark that is right next to a homeless people 'village'
i find this so strange...




cant believe i went back to ueno park 2 times after haha

i diceded to get out, i went to see Ameyoko Arcade. This is Tokyo's former black market. there is a lot of cheep food you can get there.





i had my lunch there.






it was good!

i decided to do my groceries there, since it is so cheep. look at this happy decorated supermarket:



and look what they charge for stroopwafels and speculoos



and after eight...



they also had a lot of pokey flavours. i just had strawberry wich is my favorite





they also had my favorite pasta really cheap :D that is what i will be eating for a week ;)

After an hour or 2 i started to get bored and diceded for starbucks. i wrote some letters home again.



i love this one! Merel, sjannie, arno and bas, this one is comming to you!






I decided to eat sushi in the sushi train restaurant again. this time with a photo



after getting to know my roommates a little i went to be early.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten