woensdag 7 april 2010

Day 34 Lucky kimono

day 34

Today was another day in Nikko, i was suposed to leave for shizuoka today, but my friend cant make it on time. so i will leave tomorrow.
i dident make any plans so decided to be lazy.

This morning is used to have a looong bath and blog some more (it takes about 45 minutes to blog about 1 long day)

when it was about 3 o clock i dident feel like going anywhere. but i had to go to the post ofdice for money, so i was forced to go out.

Some photos on the way





i had lunch at an american restaurant. but my dish was japanese; squid, rice, miso soup, salad and icecream after.

on the way home i decided to go into a little shop i had seen a few times before. but i dident alow myself to go in there. they sold kimonos and i can not buy one yet, becouse of its weight. but i couldent resist (and i am so happy)

I tried on a few kimonos for men. and found a great one for you dad!! it will look great on you :) you can fit it in two months ;)
i couldent resist fitting one other kimono, a gray purple one made out of silk.
and i bought it.....
the shop asistent helped me pick out and obi (belt) for my dad and me. and she dressed me up with all my items. i felt great (like a princess haha)
she also did my hair!




<3

The shop asistent was such a great girl :) we had good fun! I learned her name was Sayaka. After i bought the kimonos she asked me out to dinner. and i was happy to accept.

That night we went to a little cafe, i had the local dish called Yuba. and cheesecake after. We chatted about traveling, our cultures and god. We had a great time! To bad i had to leave next day. But we had a great connection and promised to meet in Europe (Sayaka is traveling trough Europe for 9 months starting next month)
I am so thankfull to have met her! she's how i hope to see myself in 5 years.

All pictures where made with her camera, i will upload them as soon as i get them :)

back at Turtle Inn i got a new room. Becouse i stayed here another got a new room. Becouse i stayed here another unexpected day they had to change my room. they appologized a 100 times, but i love the room. you can hear the river at night (only 5 meters from my window) and its so cozy! And this time the Yukata is pink!!






yes yes so messy :P

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten