vrijdag 2 april 2010

Day 32: Guided Tour trough nikko

Day 32

A lot of great thing happend already, I've seen so much today!

I first got to the river for a little stroll. there wehere a lot of fisherman enjoying the river to.






I noticed how clean the water and the air is in Nikko.
i went to see a graveyard verry close to my hotel.
















After that i followed the river to see a road with many budahs and stone park.
The river is so amazing! I would be a fisherman to if i so amazing! I would be a fisherman to if i lived here!! also there is still some snow left here in nikko, i am going to see more up in the mountens.

























vending machines are even in the forest...


I also had a good laugh when i came past the big budah there where offers in his basket (see pic;)


and 2 minutes later i saw 2 crows flying away with them haha so funny. they dident take the orange though. i wonder how they get the cookes out of the plastic.


empty...

i put some cookies in to just for fun, it took about 30 seconds before they where ghone.

I met a local named Tom (not his real name i guess) when i walked to the city. He lived here when he was young but has a family in canada. His mother is sick, so thats why he is now here in Nikko. doing nothing all day he wanted to show me around nikko. I was not shure at first but what would a 70 year old man do? and i was so wrong, this men was amazingly nice all the time and had been a wonderfull guide.

His best friend is a monk, wich i met. he dident speek english but Tom translated. He took us into the museum and the garden near the temple. (btw everything in nikko is quite expensive to get into, but we got it all for free!! wow i am so lucky.)

great garden;






He showed me around Nikko's temples and explained a lot of traditional japanese things to me. And i got so lucky! a temple wich is always closed opend for 5 days becouse of its 200 years anneversery! this is a selection of pictures becouse i took so many.





































We met a guy who made ear cleaning sticks, those traditional ones. he was funny cleaning sticks, those traditional ones. he was funny, had a guestbook and all. And he takes pictures of all his customers.




Then Tom said we would go to a typical family restaurant. I though me ment a japanese oneee. but we just went to such an amarican next to the road hamburger pizza place haha. such a good laugh XD Had krab cream pasta and grean tea desert.
Tom had to get back by car cus he was tired. he wanted me to join, but that is something i will never do. get into someones car. its hard never do. get into someones car. its hard for japanese to understand. but thats how it is. i walked back and visited a few antique shops.





i bought a lot of japanese stamps for my japan scrapbook!

the main street looks so american!




Then... back to japan again, the famous red bridge (waited till dark for good pics!)



(when traveling alone, all the pictures off you taken traveling alone, all the pictures off you taken by others will be crap)








im proud of some of these :)


on the way back





dinner and my favorite japanese candy!

kapibarasan!!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten